Looking for ways to keep your vacant home safe? We are here to help you find the right policy.
What most homeowners don’t know is that standard home insurance policies will not cover a property if it is left unoccupied for more than 30 days. While we can’t prevent accidents from happening or vandals from targeting your house, we can assure you that our vacant home insurance policy will help you cover any damages.
Weather you moved out but haven’t sold your home yet or you were relocated for a new job, your vacant home still needs coverage. An unoccupied home faces more risks when it comes to potential damage. For example, pipes can burst without anyone noticing, flooding everything and causing damages of thousands of dollars. Furthermore, vacant properties are more likely to be targeted by thieves, vandals or squatters.
To prevent all these disastrous scenarios from happening, finding insurance for your vacant home is paramount. With the Vacant Home Insurance policy from The Stanford Group you will get specialized coverage based on your specific needs.
Is this type of insurance for you?
Most insurance companies make a clear distinction between homes that are unoccupied and those that are vacant. A “vacant” home is defined as a property that is entirely empty or doesn’t have enough furniture for someone to reasonably live there. By this definition, vacant home has no bed to sleep on, no chairs, no table and no kitchen appliance.
So, if you find yourself in one of the following situations, you should change your policy from standard to vacant home insurance:
- Your house is on sale and you haven’t found a buyer yet;
- Job relocation;
- If your home is under renovation and the process takes more than 30 or 60 days;
What does our Vacant Home Insurance policy cover?
We understand that vacant homes pose more risks than occupied ones. Fires, floods or act of vandalism are common potential risks to which vacant homes are exposed. This is why, here at The Sanford Group, we offer Vacant Home Insurance coverage for the following circumstances.
- Vandalism: Vacant properties are easy targets for vandals, so we want to make sure your home is protected in case of malicious destruction;
- Theft: Even when the home is empty, there are still ways thieves can damage your house and make you lose hundreds maybe thousands of dollars. They could, for example, steal the air conditioning units or the pipes and resell them for profit;
- Fire, water leaks and other potential damages: In a vacant home, water leaks can go undetected for weeks. If this happens, a typical homeowners policy won’t cover the claims;
- Liability: If home intruder get hurt on broken floor boards, you can face a risk of liability if they decide to file a claim or sue you. Our Vacant Home Insurance offers liability coverage.
Finding the right vacant home insurance policy can be hard. There are a number of factors insurance companies rely on before approving a request such as the value of the property, the location, the reason the property is vacant and so on. This is why, we at The Stanford Group work directly with each client to help them find the right coverage for the right price.
Don’t let your vacant home be a burden. Contact one of our insurance experts and find out what you can do to keep your vacant home safe.